Salmon and vege mini quiches
1 small leek, finely chopped
1 medium courgette (approx. 230g) grated
150g white mushrooms, finely chopped or grated
1 red pepper, finely chopped
2 chicken stock cubes
8 large / 240ml egg whites
2x cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp each dill, parsley
Black pepper to taste
1. Spray a fry pan with olive oil and cook leek, courgette, mushrooms and red pepper with chicken stock cubes on a low-medium heat, stirring constantly until just done and soft. Drain well in a colander and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas 4.
3. Whisk egg whites, mustard, lemon juice and seasonings in a large bowl.
4. Flake salmon with a fork as you add to the bowl, breaking up chunks as you go. Add the vegetables and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into oven proof silicon muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a fresh salad, or wrap each quiche in foil for a portable snack.
Makes: 18 quiches
Nutritional Info (per quiche):
These ‘Salmon and vege mini quiches’ contain no artificial ingredients, are low in fat, low in calories and delicious!