Delicious for afternoon tea with a cuppa! Can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. They are nice cold the day after cooking.
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
2 level Tbsp cocoa powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 large / 100ml egg whites (or 2 large eggs)
150g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
1/2 tsp stevia (non-bitter) or sweetener of your choice
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g mixed berries – fresh or frozen (thawed)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas 4.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Using a separate bowl, beat or blend egg whites, yoghurt, stevia and vanilla essence. Gently stir in the berries.
4. Add wet mix to the dry mix folding gently, do not over mix.
5. Bake in non-stick muffin pans for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly before popping muffins out onto a wire rack or chopping board. When cool, wrap individually in cling film. Suitable for freezing.
Nutritional Info (per slice):
Calories – 73
Protein – 3.3
Carbohydrate – 11.0
Fat – 1.4
Makes: 12 muffins
These ‘Choco-berry muffins’
Have no added sugar
Are low fat
Contain no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Are low calorie