3 cloves garlic
Olive oil spray
500g lean beef mince (5% or less fat)
1 tsp each dried basil, smoked paprika, cinnamon and oregano
1 cube beef stock
1 fresh red chili, deseeded and finely chopped or 1/2 tsp chili powder
1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp low-sugar tomato ketchup
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1 orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
150g button mushrooms, finely chopped
4 Tbsp quark
Lettuce leaves to serve, washed and dried
Fresh parsley sprigs to serve
1. Chop the onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes in a hot pan sprayed lightly with olive oil.
2. Add the mince and stir-fry until browned, then add stock and seasonings and stir through.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and sauces and simmer gently until thickened. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the grated carrot, pepper and mushrooms to the hot pan with spray oil, stir fry for a few minutes or until cooked, then return the mince to the pan and heat through.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on each plate and top with the chili mince mixture, a spoon of quark and some fresh parsley to serve.
Nutritional Info (per serve):
Calories – 237
Protein – 33.0
Carbohydrate – 13.8
Fat – 7.0
This recipe ‘ Lean chili con carne’ – Is low in starchy carbs and low in fat. A hearty, delicious lunch or dinner.