Chicken and vege loaf
Serve with a salad for lunch or dinner, or wrap each slice in foil for a handy portable snack.
4 large / 120ml egg whites
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 medium onion or 1/2 a leek, finely chopped
2 medium courgettes (approx. 230g each) grated
1/4 cup rolled oats
1kg lean chicken breast mince
1 Tbsp each dried or freshly chopped thyme, basil, parsley
1/2 tsp each garlic powder, black pepper
2 tsp chicken stock powder
5 Tbsp / 100ml tomato paste
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees / Gas 3.
2. Beat egg whites in a large bowl then add all other ingredients together and mix well.
4. Fill 2 loaf pans or 1 large silicon pan with the mixture.
5. Cover with foil and bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil for the last ten minutes to brown the top.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes then turn onto a cutting board and slice into thick slices.
Nutritional Info (per serve):
This recipe ‘ Chicken and vege loaf’ is low fat, low calorie, low carb, high protein, wheat and dairy free and very tasty!