Beef and vege mini quiches
These ‘Beef and vege mini quiches’ contain no artificial ingredients, are low in fat and calories and are a very tasty, portable snack!
Olive oil spray
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium courgette (approx. 230g) grated
150g button mushrooms, finely chopped
150g fresh spinach leaves
500g extra lean beef mince
3 Tbsp double concentrate tomato paste
1 cube beef stock, crumbled
1 Tbsp each dried parsley, oregano, mild chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
8 large / 240ml egg whites
Large handful fresh basil, chopped
1. Spray a fry pan with olive oil and cook onion, courgette and mushrooms until just done and soft. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Drain well in a colander and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas 4.
3. Spray a fry pan with oil and stir fry the mince on a medium heat until browned, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. When browned, add the spinach, tomato paste, stock cube and seasonings. Continue stirring until all liquid is absorbed and set aside.
4. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl, then add all ingredients together and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into oven proof silicon muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve with a fresh salad, or wrap each quiche in foil for a portable snack.
Makes: 18 quiches
Nutritional Info (per quiche):