A delicious, low calorie alternative to traditional banana cake
1.5 cups rolled oats
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
10 large or 350ml liquid egg whites
2 medium bananas
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp stevia (non-bitter) or sweetener of your choice
2-3 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas 4.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a jug blender, blend egg whites, sweetener, 1 banana and water until thoroughly mixed then stir through dry ingredients. Chop the second banana into small pieces and add to the mixture (this creates a moister loaf). Mixture should be thick but still runny.
4. Pour mixture into a non stick silicon loaf pan, dust with cinnamon and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until firm to touch or when inserted skewer comes out dry. Alternatively, microwave for about 8 minutes, checking after 6-7 minutes – it’s cooked when the top is no longer moist.
5. Turn onto a wire rack to cool, then cut into slices. Suitable to wrap in cling wrap in single portions and freeze.
Makes: Approximately 10 slices
Nutritional Info (per slice):
Calories – 141
Protein – 11.8
Carbohydrate – 17.8
Fat – 1.8
This recipe ‘banana loaf’ has no added sugar, artificial flavours or additives, is low in fat and calories and is delicious!