A low fat, low carb snack or pudding – with delicious tart apple and spices. It puffs up big – but it’s not big on calories!
1 large cooking apple – about 150g (I used Bramley)
3 scoops / 60g vanilla whey protein powder
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves or nutmeg
8 large / 250ml liquid egg whites
1 medium courgette, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp stevia powder (or sweetener of your choice)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas 4.
2. Chop apple into small chunks or slices. Lay along the bottom of a non-stick silicon cake pan and sprinkle with cinnamon. Alternatively, spray a metal cake tin with oil.
3. Blend all remaining ingredients in a jug blender.
4. Pour mixture into the pan and top with an extra dusting of cinnamon.
5. Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes, until risen and firm to touch or when inserted skewer comes out dry.
6. Tip onto wire rack or chopping board. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Info (per serve):
Calories – 47
Protein – 7.1
Carbohydrate – 3.2
Fat – .4
This recipe ‘Apple souffle’ -
Is low calorie / is gluten free / has no added sugar / has less than 2g fat per serve