I love finding ways to make healthy food taste good, and find substitutes for fattening foods.
My recipes are low calorie. I use a lot of natural and unprocessed foods and most are minimal fuss, although there are some in there for the weekend or for special occasions.
You won’t see any -
- Wheat flour
- Trans fats
- White rice
- Refined sweet substitutes
or generally refined and processed food
But you will see lots of -
- Lean proteins
- Polyunsaturated and omega 3 and 6 fats
- Low G.I carbs
- Delicious, mouth watering combinations
- Ideas for portable snacks
All of my recipes are low in calorie, low in artificial ingredients and contain healthy, nutritious ingredients.
Some of the common ingredients I use are -
- Stevia – a completely natural sweetener containing no calories. Look for a brand that is white, which is less bitter. I get mine online or at a Health food shop
- Rolled oats – these are low G.I, low in gluten and a good substitute for flour in many recipes such as muffins
- Egg whites – these are available in liquid form or you can simply throw the yolks (I feed mine to my cat). Whole eggs are good for you and I normally include 1 per serving, but because egg white is pure protein and contains no fat or carbs, I like to bulk a lot of my dishes out with them. You can substitute banana or yoghurt if you prefer and don’t mind extra carbs.
- Cinnamon – most of my sweet dishes contain cinnamon. If you don’t like it you can just leave it out or substitute for a different spice.
- Protein powder – I use a range – from pea flour to egg white powder and whey protein. I prefer to eat whole, natural unprocessed foods so I don’t make these powders an every day occurrence in my diet, but they can be handy for convenience and adding texture to baking.
I also aim to keep the recipes fairly simple so you don’t need hours of time to prepare them. Many can be made in bulk and frozen so you always have a healthy option on hand.
Please let me know if you’re unsure of any of the ingredients or where to purchase them from – I’ll email you some recommendations. Just email me to ask